If you are updating Path of the Dovahkiin, the process is very similar to installing the list. Additionally, make sure you are using the latest version of Wabbajack (it should automatically update itself when you launch the program).
Wabbajack does support updating an existing installation of a modlist. However, as part of this process, it does delete files that don’t match with what it is installing. This includes RaceMenu presets, mods you’ve added/changed, and possibly even save files. It is a good practice to keep backups of your save files so that you can update safely. Saves are stored within the folder you install Path of the Dovahkiin to.
Whilst some incremental list updates are save-safe, larger updates often require a brand new save file to avoid corruption. Check the newest update announcement found in the
#sfw-announcements channel on the Path of the Dovahkiin Discord server before updating.
- Run Wabbajack.exe.
- At the bottom of the window, click Browse Modlists.
- Put a check into the “Show Unofficial Lists” checkbox at the top of the window.
- Locate the Path of the Dovahkiin card and click the download button to download the installer file.
- Once downloaded, click the play button.
- Below the image you see of the Path of the Dovahkiin logo, there are three text boxes. The second and third need to be filled out.
- Click the three dots in the second (middle) box. Navigate to your Path of the Dovahkiin folder and then select this folder in the window that appears. This middle box tells you where the list will be installed, including the copy of Mod Organizer 2 that you’ll need to use to launch the list.
- The third (bottom) box will automatically populate using the folder you just selected. This third box tells you where all of the mods will be downloaded. If you have hard drive limitations, you may change this to another folder on another hard drive by clicking the three dots in this box and selecting a new folder.
- Click the play/right arrow button to begin the installation.
- If you are prompted to overwrite, confirm that this is what you want to do by clicking the Confirm button.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear this page helped!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.