How to start out in Masterstroke after you’ve created your character.
- First of all, go through the mods for combat and magic and figure out how to actually play this new version of skyrim, there’s a lot thats different.
- There are survival mods as well, though they are not very harsh compared to the old Frostfall package so don’t stress too much. What they do however is add several new crafting systems that can really give you a leg up. Hunterborn, changes how animals are looted, you now need to actually skin and butcher them for their parts. Get a knife from a vendor (may have to increase the rate of vendors having knives) or make your own, either at a forge or through scrimshaw.
- Which brings us to scrimshaw. Between Campfire crafting “Make Item” and Hunterborn crafting “Scrimshaw” you can make a ton of stuff pretty easily. The Forage power will let you gather a rock, and then make a stone knife, so you can harvest pelts and bones. You can make a “Hunters cache” to store items anywhere in the world. You can create portable Tanning Racks, Enchanting stations and a Mortar and Pestle for mobile alchemy
- You will wonder “where is my map?” You must find and equip a map in order to use it, but don’t stress too much; getting lost is half the fun and you have a Sense Direction power. Bandits or stores often have maps, and they can be repaired at a leather station.
- The Public Whore numbers are very high and you’ll spend 3+ hours locked in a yoke sucking dicks if you get enslaved, so perhaps turn that down (unless that what you want for your playthrough).
- Don’t bother hoarding everything… carry weight is reduced and items don’t sell for as much as you think they do. carrying every bandit’s Hide Armor won’t be worth it.
- You also must sleep to level up.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear this page helped!
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.